Tamiya Apint Lifting

I have tape lifting paint for the first time in...well, I can't remember the last time. Gunze Mr. Surfacer as primer coat; 4 very light coats of Tamiya semi-gloss black with each coat lightly sanded and buffed; paint thinned with Tamiya thinner; left to dry for three days before masking; and the tape doing the lifting is Tamiya tape. Not large ares but areas about the size of a pinhead. It's driving me nuts!

Suggestions and observations welcomed.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

"Paint"

Reply to
Art Murray

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Hi there.

I do not know why your Tamiya paint lifted but many years ago I had that problem *WHEN EVER* I tried to brush paint with it. It lifted no matter what colour I used or how carefully I prepped the surface to be painted. I had bought over $60 worth of Tamiya paints to do a series of ships I was building at that time. I took it all back to the store (including the unopened jars) but could not get an exchange or my money back. That was when I stoped using Tamiya acrylics.

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

Oil/water from the compressor, paint not stirred enough, bad paint batch, too much thinner, residue from sanding...

Reply to
Serge D. Grun

"too much thinner"

I did thin the paint for this kit much mote than I usually do. That may be the answer.

Thanks.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray