Tamiya Surface Primer Spray Can - Acrylic or Enamel?

Is Tamiya's 180ml spray can Surface Primer an acrylic, enamel or some kind of lacquer paint?

I assume I can use it as a primer coat for airbrushing on acrylics later?

Dean

Reply to
Dean

Dean wrote: : Is Tamiya's 180ml spray can Surface Primer an acrylic, enamel or some kind : of lacquer paint? : I believe it is a synthetic acrylic. : : I assume I can use it as a primer coat for airbrushing on acrylics later? : Definitely!

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

"Dean" wrote in news:4ad6dadf$0$1782 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au:

Frankly I think the stuff is great. I've put everything over it and had no problems. Dries fast and hard. Great for looking for imperfections.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Acrylic is synthetic, so "synthetic acrylic" is redundant.

I think Tamiya Surface Primer is an acrylic lacquer, aka synthetic lacquer. (Natural lacquers are made from plant resins.)

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris