Totally Confusing Instructions - Lindberg again

so today I thought I would try and start the carriage section of the Lindberg stagecoach kit. What crap the instructions are. I really have no idea how the carriage goes together. They grouped the installation of 30-40 pieces into one picture with no close up pics at all, yet they included a large scale drawing of how the seats go in, which were a total of 4 large pieces.

Glad I have 9 weeks to finish it for a school project. gonna need at least 8 to figure out what goes where.

Hard to believe even Lindberg could be satisfied with this crap.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

On a similar note, has anyone built the HC Norseman as a floatplane? I have no idea how to attach the framework of the floats to the landing struts. I ended up bending the frames to suit but the fit is not there. Anyone wanna offer up the magic? Thanks.

Frank Kranick IPMS/USA 20352

Craig wrote:

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

ITYM Modelcraft, no? In that case, go and find a matchbox kit and use those instructions, since the Modelcraft kit is merely the Matchbox kit pantographed up.

Reply to
Jeff C

If you can't find a set, let me know and I'll scan the plans that I have and e-mail them to you.

The Old Timer

Indeed, you are correct. I re-read my messsage today and it jumped right out at me. I didn't know of the history of the kit but your explanation figures as the Modelcraft kit has the look, feel and fit of one that was pantographed - poorly, I might add. Still, it's the only game in town in 1/48th... Boo-hoo...