totally OT Anyone from Liverpool?

Anett is coming over from Germany in about 10 days, landing at John Lennon. Shes going to have to get to Lime St station to get to Sheffield, and i dont know how long it would take, or whats the best way, reason i need to know is i have to book her a ticket.

If she lands at 16.05, give it half a hour for luggage etc etc, so thats about half past, is there a bus direct from the Aiport? There is a tain leaving at 19.50 so is that enough time? Its wednesday, mideweek.

Thanks....

Reply to
Jules

Jules wrote

Well, I'm from Manchester, not Liverpool, but

(I don't care what they say, it's

*Speke* airport. And "Above us only sky" is silly motto for an airport ) says there's a regular bus service between the airport and Lime Street. It takes 30 minutes, and leaves at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour.

I guess if the plane lands at five past she ought to be on the quarter to five, and be at the station at quarter past five. I don't know how long it'll take to go through baggage reclaim, but it shouldn't take too long - it's not a very big airport.

Reply to
Rik Shepherd

Thanks thats great, i landed once last year from Berlin and came from coach station not the train station. The next National express coach would have taken nearly 5 hours, i checked, it was hit and miss with the closest one after she landed if she would have made it, but the next one took in a long detour to Leeds and a long wait of nearly a hour.

Reply to
Jules

Yeehah!

Great news Jules! Stay cool mate!

Chris

PS Back from the US and due for some time off next week...

Reply to
Chris Hughes