Trumpeter F-105D Question

Hi

Guess I'm having a senior moment", but I have the following question. Am building a Trumpeter F-105D, and am trying to find a way to have the after fuselage/vertical tail separate as on the real aircraft. Trumpeter has you mount the vertical tail surrounding two lugs, one on the main fuselage and the other on the rear fuselage. It appears that this system of mounting the fin will not allow the rear section/vertical tail to be removed. Am I reading the instructions wrong or is the rear fuselage/tail supposed to be permanently mounted??? Am feeling a little foolish asking, but have put a lot of work on the engine....

Thanks

Bob

Reply to
Robert J. Bartolacci

You are reading the instructions correctly. Even though it has a complete engine, the kit is not designed to have the rear section be removable. You can cut the lug on the front fuselage off if you want, however. One thing to note, though, is that Trumpeter doesn't provide the bulkhead that surrounds the engine at the rear fuselage join so if you do display the tail section seperately, you just have the engine with a big empty space between it and the fuselage.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

If you look at the picture in the Squadron F-105 Walkaound, page 56, it loos like the upper porion of the spine in front of the rudder either is retained and comes away with the empanage, or is removed seperately.

In either case, if there is a locator tab ahead of the engine frame on top ot the fuselage, it looks like you should remove it and leave just a small forward portion of the fin fairing on top of fuselage. Check the pic - it says it better than I can.

Reply to
Rufus