USN a/c carriers in the Atlantic during WWII, a/c schemes? What if?

If the USN had used carriers in the Atlantic during WWII, what sort of camo would the a/c had? Dark gray over white? Adaptations of RN camo? Surely not the 3 tone camo as used in the Pacific? Any ideas? Any websites with alternate history type info on this? Jst in one of my "what if" moods. ISTR a comparison somewhere of how USN a/c used by the RN faired against various German a/c as well.

Reply to
frank

The US used Escort Carriers (CVE) in the Atlantic during WW2. The USS Bogue springs to my mind when discussing US carriers in the Atlantic:

The above site lists the histories of the escort carriers, if you surf through them, you will see that some served in the Atlantic.

Didn't Accurate Miniatures do a TBF or TBM in Atlantic markings?

RobG

Reply to
rgronovius

Don't forget the USS Ranger during Torch - and later when relegated to training. No on second thought include Torch as training too - lethal fire training. On or off, she had to be painted in one of the measures.

Which raises a question in my mind apart from what the original poster asked - did USN ships assigned to the Med use an Atlantic scheme or something else? Especially at the time of Anvil, Dragoon. The Med not being easily confused with the North Atlantic and all. Just curious. No biggie since the only boat project I have on tap for some time to come is a schnellboote.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

What year? What ship? And what month?

Silver and yellow, neutrality patrol grey, blue grey over light grey, dark gull grey over white, some three color and some carriers >

Reply to
Ron

Ms12 or Ms12mod for Ranger during Torch.

Ms1, Ms2, Ms3, Ms12, Ms12mod, Ms21, Ms22, Ms16, Ms15, Ms13, a few rare Ms14, British WA, British Mountbatten Pink, British Admiralty Disruptive...what ship, month and year?

Reply to
Ron

"Which raises a question in my mind apart from what the original poster

asked - did USN ships assigned to the Med use an Atlantic scheme or something else?"

The "Atlantic" scheme was anti-submarine. Torch and Dragoon air groups used standard Navy schemes of the time--Blue/grey, three color or all over blue.

Reply to
tomcervo