Was--AccMin wish list

As I was writing my wish list it occurred to me the only kits I've seen of theirs that's non-US are the Fairey Swordfish, Sturmovick and Yak. Am I correct, and why? While I like Mustangs, and have the whole series, they could have left it at the D, or maybe C and D, and invested the time and money into something else. Yea, I know, everybody and their brother has a 109, so what about 190's, Stukas, Corsairs, modern jets, WWI stuff? Even a C-47 to their standards would be pretty cool, or a C-130? How about......a 1/48 C-5 Galaxy? Damn, that would be a monster! I suppose they could even build more (ARGHH) cars, or do some armor pieces. A helo or two would work.....

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

Personally, I'll be happy to see them do their long promised Vought Vindicator. On that DVD I just bought about the Battle of Midway there is a clip of a couple of them taking off from Midway and it is a real study in the effect of Pacific Sun and salt air and their effects in weathering Non-Specular Blue-Gray paintwork.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I don't remember them doing the D. They did a B & C and the sorely needed A-36 and other Allison engined variants. Around '96 they went for the sorely needed Beaufighter only to be beaten to the line by Tamiya. I do hope they do a Vindicator. It's tough trying to pick a subject that most would want and you won't get beaten out by another mfg. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Swordfish was Tamiya.

Sturmovick and Yak. Am I

Well, technically they had a British aircraft in there, too, with the Mustang Mk 1 - yet who, before them, *did* a 1/48 Sturmovik - much less three - or two Yak 1 variants? They came along at a good time with those, with ICM's other Yaks and MiG-3.

They had four 1/100 helos, actually - can't recall ever *seeing* them, but they had 'em on their site.

I'm still surprised (a) they didn't do a D (though, I suppose I'm not, since Tamiya's and Hasegawa's are so good,) and (b) they didn't do the Twin Mustang.

I wouldn't hold my breath on most of what you mentioned - Tamiya has the Corsairs and 190 represented pretty well, Hasegawa's Stukas aren't bad. The C-*anythings* would be way too big of a risk (and in the case of the C-5, just plain too *big*) to realisitcally see... and I doubt many would sell, honestly, just due to the size and how much they'd have to charge.

They've mentioned early jets - I'd love to see *them* tackle a Cougar, or FH-1. Or even come out with a non-banana-shaped Buccaneer. :D I actually would love to see them do an F-80, though - though having said that, Monogram would probably re-release theirs about the same time. Yeah, *I* would pay more for the AccMin kit, but...

Heck, go back before WWII and have them do the whole Curtiss Hawk line - or at least a 1/48 Sparrowhawk, to their F3F standards.

Reply to
EGMcCann

You're right, my bad, not sure what I was thinking. As for the 'D' Mustang, I have all their other variants, and a R/M 'D' all stacked and bound together for safekeeping; that must have been why I was thinking it was AccMin as well, although I truly knew better. Actually, I was kidding about the C-5. I can just imagine the size, and price of that puppy. Too much in both regards. My original point was that their product line seems a bit limited. I realize that getting too diversified isn't economically feasible, but it seems a little more expansion might be in order. I wonder who they really listen to when making those decisions?

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

a decent t-6, t-28, t-34 and an hu-16 would all provide various versions and multiple decal and paint schemes.

Reply to
KONDA24