What Kit have you bought more than once and never finished any of them?

Probably about 15-20 Me-109Gs and 10-15 109 Es. It's my intent to build them in all the different national markings and variants of same.

I have all variants of the AMT C-135, all unbuilt. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Only kits I have multiples of are model railway kits

I have about 15 16 ton mineral wagons (all completed)

5 or 6 Tube wagons STV

Next highest kit wise are various departmental stuff 6 off, 3 off (quite a few) 5 off Dogfish (I like Dogfish)

Reply to
Martin

Don't know if this counts, but I bought a passle of Fokker D.VIIs to kitbash into various and sundry Fokker experimental formats from the 1917 time period. A number of Albatroses as well. It wasn't ~my~ fault that Eduard came out with most of them in the past few years, I did most of these in the early 1980s.....

The Old Timer

can we blame you anyway? where's a really good vickers gunbus?

I think there was a vacuum-formed version a number of years ago, but am not sure, I never scratched too many British aircraft.

I got into Luft '19 (8-D) after getting "German Aircraft of the First World War" by Grey and Thetford back in the mid-1970s. The book has a ~lot~ of photos of experimentals and one-offs that actually reached flight status (unlike Luft '46). My personal favorite was the Kondor E.IIIa, a parasol monoplane with a rotory engine that lost out to the Fokker D.VIII.

The Old Timer

In article , Chris Valera writes

Care to share a bit more about this table, and the game you proposed to play on it? I ask because I've been picking up cheap diecasts off the market with a similar intent. I find 1:43 visually compatible with 28mm figures, although if there was a handy source of 1:60 or 1:64 vehicles I'd probably go for those.

Some years ago I picked up some 1:48 car kits which apparently were from a Japanese cartoon series for the same purpose, these are suitably futuristic.

I've also stowed away some Foundry "Street Violence" figures, and even some old Grenadier "Future Warrior" stuff, not to mention some Ainsty resin scenery, simply because I like them, but without firm plans as to how I'm going to use them beyond working up some form of skirmish rules for use in the standard post-apocalyptic urban environment.

Regards,

Reply to
Moramarth

i do not build or fly in no steenkin parasol winged aircraft. bastards fold up like cheap accordions without a hint.

Airframe. Vacuform. Very basic. Blue Rider. Vacuform. Much better. Classic Plane. Vacuform. Very basic. Merlin. Injection molded. No comment. Pegasus. Injection molded. Much better. Phoenix. Vacuform. Not quite as good as the Blue Rider, but quite acceptable. Tom-M. Cast resin. Havn't seen it yet.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

so it's expensive, expensive or expensive.

More like expensive, difficult to find, forget about it.

I would like to make a suggestion at this point that may help.

A number of people on this forum complain about the high cost of kits. I spent most of the last thirty years in that situation.

For decades now I have spent very little on European kits via trading partners. With mail order modeling sources and e-bay kits can be very easy to obtain here. I get most of my Eastern European kits via trade with long time trading partners there.

We usually limit a trade to one or two kits to keep our respective costs down. We send by surface for the same reason. I'm also able to get kits for things such as cds, magazines, collectibles, etc.

Addresses of potential trading partners are found in places such as KCC and IPMS USA Journal.

Good luck,

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Ahhh, here's someone who saw the last scene in "The Blue Max".... -- John The history of things that didn't happen has never been written. . - - - Henry Kissinger

Reply to
The Old Timer

I saw all the scenes in Blue Max...it was the story that steenks not the planes :-P

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

no, actually. i'm someone who's lost 2 friends in seperate parasol wing craft and seen parasol ultralights fold for no reason. wouldn't pee on one on fire.

Sorry about your friends, I didn't mean to sound like a smartass. If you have a problem with a parasol, check out the Kondor D.6. Its upper wing was completely cut out in the center section to give better pilot visibility, but every time I look at the picture, I see a wing collapse waiting to happen.

The Old Timer

IIRC the plane used for that scene was a Morane Saulnier 230 with the rear cockpit faired over. An easy build with Heller's kit. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

you didn't sound like a smartass and i took no offense. i wouldn't fly in that condor for less than a weekend of hot monkey love with christina applegate. which means never.

yea i have one of them morane whosis in the pile.

If that eventuality ever occurred make sure you get the weekend first. ;) Actually, building most parasol models isn't fun either. Trying to get everything level and square is a test of one's patience.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Finished the Heller MS.230 in May. Started it in March......1978.

Needed something for the Santa Rosa contest and I liked the look of the cowling and the sit of the whole thing.

Didn't win anything, but the rigging was fun and I like the finished look.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Way back in the day (before Eduoard) I kitbashed a 1:72 Revell Morane N into a model P parasol (plans hobbled together from JM Bruce's "Fighters of WWI" series). I used ~lots~ of thin bamboo strips cut to length, about three gallons of CA glue and almost two cases of beer (to study myself when I got done!) Needless to say, that was the last time I tried that!

The Old Timer