Which paints to stock

Keep in mind...that as a "business owner", as opposed to a "model builder"; your personal preferences are irrelevant. You must carry the products that will *sustain* your business. And this probably means expanding well beyond what the small cadre of local "serious modelers" want. You need to cater also to "Little Jimmy Ten-Year-Old", and "Johnny-I-Am-Just-Passing-Thru"; as this is the crowd that will probably be a major factor in supporting your business (Just like the major model companies having to consider the K-Mart/Target/WalMart crowd). So....this means also carrying some "cheap" paints, such as the cheap line of Testor's we have in the USA. I assume there are some similar "lower end" paints in the UK.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

There is the famous "Track Colour" (for railroaders), which is still (in my opinion) the *best* "out-of-the-tin" color for rusted AFV tracks.

And Humbrol "Flesh" is still the best, basic flesh color.

Reply to
Greg Heilers