Wow... been away for a while and

That it doesn't belong in a modelling NG. It chased folks away.

Seriously, if you want to get an eyefull or an earfull of that stuff you can get it anywhere, at any time. And ANYONE, no matter what their political persuasion, can get those talking points directly from the source, without it being filtered through someone in usenet.

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

On Jul 31, 2:15=A0pm, Ed Pirrero wrote: two quotes from you: "I got tired of reading the right-wing idiots spout their talk-radio propaganda at every person who made an OT post. Dog forbid they actually take their crappola to a POLITICS newsgroup. No, just throw around their repetition of political party daily talking points... " followed by "That it doesn't belong in a modelling NG. It chased folks away." (Pot, meet kettle) So stop being a stereotypical liberal, shouting about being inclusive while insulting those who disagree. Got anything modeling related to add? If not, do me a favor and don't reply to me. I just had fun doing a mild mod on an old 1/94 Lindberg F-4, mainly just reshaping the nose and painting it as the prototype. Accurate? Hell no, but fun. And finished in a matter of days.

Reply to
eyeball

yep, them old kits is fun.

Reply to
someone

Also just finished the old monogram box scale B-25. Way more fun then a tamigawa.

Reply to
eyeball

Yes, I understand the irony. But that wasn't the point. The point was that as soon as someone comes in and says anything contrary to the talking points, instead of just ignoring the original blowhards, the right-wing propaganda slaves started slinging mud. Your last post is a prime example of this. I was giving the reasons, and examples, in my original post, why I don't come around *here* and talk about modelling, nor read what goes on here. Just because of the simple fact that thin-skinned right-wingers are so damn insecure in their beliefs that THEY JUST MUST RESPOND to every perceived slight.

Instead of reading line after line after line of repeated talking points, the whole thing COULD have ended with a "ho hum. Got Future?" But I doubt that ever happened. I never saw it.

FYI, I find no political party or group to have exclusive grip on The Truth. The small minds who do are not worth engaging in discussion. So your attempt at name-calling and straw man building is laughable.

Yeah, I have worked on some stuff. I've discussed it at length in a couple of web-base forums. Places where the OT crap gets deleted, so there's absolutely no incentive to post it.

Since the Very Silly Season in politics is rapidly approaching, I suspect that the last few folks who actually wish to talk about models will be moving along to another venue. Then r.m.s. will be truly dead.

RIP,

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

I'd guess that the drop is the number of genre specific modeling forums and sites throughout the years have played the biggest part in the decline of this USENET group.

You can go to car, armor, ship, sci-fi, figure sites, ask the same questions as here and get answers quicker. Folks can post pictures within the posts to help illustrate topics or answer questions. You can post those photos and receive feedback or assistance as well.

Reply to
RobG

Some of the off-topic stuff is what makes this place fun. I read moderated groups but very rarely post to them.

Reply to
eyeball

lemme tell about aunt fred.......

Reply to
someone

I have a Trumpeter 1/72 Gannet in my stash. I also have a couple of old FROG/NOVO Gannets in my Deep Stash. I'm considering building the Trumpeter and FROG kits together to see if I can make the FROG one match the Trumpeter one.

After that, I suppose I'll have to build a Revell Gannet just to make up the set!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

lemme tell you about christmas at an ex girlfriend's when I met her uncle/aunt :-o

Reply to
eyeball

what if you have to work to make the trumpy as good as the novo? couldn't it be possible that the novo is more accurate shaped or better detailed.? what impresses me most about trumpeter is the price. thei kits look like other's kits. i don't see much blatant superiority. too bad they don't do a 1/48 jn4. trumpeter makes lots of mistakes....like on their ships...

Reply to
someone

LOL From what I have seen, the Trumpy kit is very well shaped. It needs extra detailing in the cockpit and gear and flap wells. I have a Pavla resin cockpit ready to go in it. I might very well use the Trumpy cockpit parts to build a basic cockpit for the NOVO kit. If I recall correctly, the NOVO kit has a row of heads moulded into place rather than any representation of a cockpit.

I'm actually starting to look forward to building the NOVO kit.

It seems that the new Revell kit has better detail than the Trumpy one, as well as a cimplete weapons bay, but is 56% of the price.

Hopefully they won't on their forthcoming EE Lightnings. If the new Lightnings are as good as the Gannet, I will be satisfied, even if it means paying somewhat over the odds compared to other manufacturers' kits.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Trumpeter has a lot more fiddly bits and costs about a tank of gas. I'd stick with the Novo. And I did!

Reply to
eyeball

Sixteen quid in the UK. At our current petrol prices that would pay for about a quarter of a tank.

You wouldn't like UK petrol prices. The last time I filled up, petrol was £1.19 per litre. That is the equivalent of $8.85 per US gallon.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I'd be too busy driving on the wrong side of the road to notice ;)

Reply to
eyeball

I've done projects like that any number of times. I'll buy all the different makers' versions and then sit down and build them all (well, sometimes, 'all of them').

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

You're quite right about the moulded heads. The original Frog dates back many years now. The landing gear bays aren't open either, IIRC.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

And too busy dodging all those other guys going the wrong way. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Reminds me of one, um, gentleman who used to own the Lionel sales and repair station here. He switched sides to all outward appearances in his final years. Positively shocking for someone from around here to do that.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I'm planning to start Hasegawa's 1/48 F8U Crusader. My question is what are the exact colors used in the cockpit. While in the Navy I sat in it many times, but didn't have painting it in mind at time. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Dick's News