Wow... been away for a while and

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Welcome back!

Try www.motzarella.org Very reliable, stable and totally free. However it only provides access to text groups.
As you can see, I am posting via Motzarella at the moment.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
Enzo Matrix wrote:

I lost access to newsgroups several years ago when my ISP decided it was no longer going to carry them.
I am a long time poster in one specific group and one of the members there kindly offered to set up a private news server for use by group members who had lost access. This has worked very well for me but sometimes the private server goes down (the owner sometimes has to travel abroad on business and cannot be there 24/7 to reboot the system if it goes down as it 'lives' in his spare bedroom) and then I fall back on the server suggested by Enzo.
As he says, it's free, stable and gives me access to all the text groups I want to read and many thousands more! I have no interest in the binary groups so that is no loss to me. You have to register with them first (via the website) and get an email back almost instantly giving you your access name and password. Just set up a new 'news' account with the details and use any newsreader to access the posts as normal (I use Thunderbird but all the others should work just as well).
--
Larry Green

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

free.teranews.com