2007-SP2 :Server Busy dialog: FYI

FYI: On the initial startup of SWX after installing SP2 I received a dialog screen part way through the startup which stopped everything in its tracks : Server Busy, hit "Switch to" blah, blah or " Retry" to ----(I don't remember). Anyway I called the VAR and found it is a issue with Desk Top Search. At the dialog screen hit "Switch to" go to: programs, Windows desk top search, activate the program. When DTS is started switch back to SWX and hit "Retry". SWX should finish starting up. You only have to do this once. Just thought I would save a few calls to the VARs

Mike Eckstein Tool Engineering Systems

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

So does disabling or uninstalling desktop search altogether, which is my preferred technique.

Reply to
matt