It appears that if you have a drawing view with an alternate position in it, any annotations that are tied only to that alternate position model don't stay visible. Try this.
- Open a drawing with an assy in it.
- Insert an alternate position into that view.
- Add a dimension that goes between the regular position and the alternate position. Works fine.
- Now add a dimension that is only touching the alternate geometry. The dimension can be placed, moved, etc, but then it disappears, only to reappear when the cursor is passed over it.
- Try a balloon - same thing.
- Try a note - same thing. Now add another leader to the note that touches the regular position geometry - now it stays visible.
My first thought was that this was a video card/driver issue on that machine, but the that machine is running a 900XGL card, and I am running a FireGL.