display problems

Can you help me? I have a problem in the 2D drawing section.

I try to add a dimension to a shape then part of the drawing disappears. It only re-appears when I redraw. It is a bit annoying pressing redraw every time I put down a dimension. I have no problem with assembly view.

Can anyone tell me what is the problem? I am using SW2004 sp2, AMD2600XP, XP Pro and 512Mb. Also I have a Radeon 9600 128mb graphics card.

I think it may be a display card settings.

Can anyone help?

Jason

Reply to
voodoo

Radeon's are notoriously bad cards for CAD applications. They always seem to have major refresh and other display problems.

I have always had decent luck with GeForce cards, but they run into the 'multiple window slowdown' issue where graphics performance becomes VERY slow when a certain threshold of open windows is reached.

I keep insisting that IF YOU REALLY WANT GOOD GRAPHICS PERFORMANCE AND COMPATIBILITY WITH CAD APPLICATIONS, YOU NEED A GOOD CAD LEVEL CARD such as a Quadro or FireGL or Wildcat.

Sure, there are some ways to get around this (like softQuadro), but in the end it is not worth it. You are better off getting a real Quadro.

Reply to
Arlin

Matt,

You said I should click on "additional properties button" but that is greyed out on my Nvidia Quaddro tab. Anyone else have that problem?

pope

Reply to
pope