display problems

Can you help me? I have a problem in the 2D drawing section.
I try to add a dimension to a shape then part of the drawing disappears. It
only re-appears when I redraw. It is a bit annoying pressing redraw every time I put down a dimension. I have no problem with assembly view.
Can anyone tell me what is the problem? I am using SW2004 sp2, AMD2600XP, XP Pro and 512Mb. Also I have a Radeon 9600 128mb graphics card.
I think it may be a display card settings.
Can anyone help?
Jason
snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk says...

Radeon's are notoriously bad cards for CAD applications. They always seem to have major refresh and other display problems.
I have always had decent luck with GeForce cards, but they run into the 'multiple window slowdown' issue where graphics performance becomes VERY slow when a certain threshold of open windows is reached.
I keep insisting that IF YOU REALLY WANT GOOD GRAPHICS PERFORMANCE AND COMPATIBILITY WITH CAD APPLICATIONS, YOU NEED A GOOD CAD LEVEL CARD such as a Quadro or FireGL or Wildcat.
Sure, there are some ways to get around this (like softQuadro), but in the end it is not worth it. You are better off getting a real Quadro.
--
Arlin
(remove '351' from email to reply)