detailing an 'alternative position view'?

Question for 2005 SP 0.1

In drawing mode, can you do a 'detailed view" of a view that included an "Alternate Position View"? It doesn't seem to show the alternative in the detail.

thanks, Bob H - Toronto

Reply to
Bob

Yes, best to look this up in help. Not that there is a choice for alternate position in the Insert Menu. Basically you either create an assembly configuration in an alternate position or let the command do it for you. That second configuration (or third or fourth) becomes the alternate position, hence you have control over angles and position.

Reply to
P.

I have no problem creating a view with an "alternate position". My problem is that the alternate portion of the view doesn't show in any "detail" view you may create. I'm checking with my VAR and see what he says.

Reply to
Bob

Just to report, my VAR says "Yes, we have no bananas!" i.e. it can't do that. I was trying to use it to measure clearance distances during motion.

Reply to
Bob

Oh, you mean detail as in SW drawing detail view and not detail in the common sense of the word to mean a drawing of a single non-common part?

Reply to
P.