animator: overlay text

Hello,

How can I overlay text on a animation.

I want to make a animation of a working principle and at some stages I would like to ad text to explain the concept. The text should appear and disappear at defined key.

Can I do this with the solidworks animator? I looked and didn't found solution.

Johnny

Reply to
johnny geling

If its just text on the animation, most easyest way is to do this is with some animation / video edition software... with Paint Shop Pro you get awesome Animation Shop for this kinda work

Reply to
Kvick

I agree there are some Open Source (Free) programs that can be used also I have used Virtual Dub and AviSynth. Virtual dub is more user friendly but doesn't have as much functionality. AviSynth is a scripting system where you write a script similar to a macro and it reads it and edits the video.

Corey

Reply to
CS

You could be able to do this by letting the text fade in....going from transparent to opaque. You would need to model up the text though

Krister L

"johnny geling" skrev i meddelandet news:42563b74$1 snipped-for-privacy@x-privat.org...

Reply to
Krister L

Ah yes, forgot the virtual dub... It has some nice filters you can aplly on animation / video... also text etc.

Reply to
Kvick