API retreive all doc including in sub-folder?

I have a macro that will perform some particular operations on all the documents in a selected folder but I would also like for it to perform those same operations on all documents in all the sub-folders of the selected parent folder. Can someone please explain to me how to do this in vb?

Thanks

Reply to
Sam

Here's a VB Script that shows how.

Call Main

Sub Main

Dim objBrowse Dim objFSO Dim objFolder Dim objFolders Dim objFiles Dim objFile

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objBrowse = CreateObject("CCRPBrowseDlgSvr6.BrowseDialog")

objBrowse.RootFolder = objBrowse.GetSpecialFolderName(&H11) objBrowse.BrowseMode = bdBrowseAllFolders

If objBrowse.Browse = True Then

If objFSO.FolderExists(objBrowse.SelectedFolder) = True Then Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder(objBrowse.SelectedFolder) Set objFolders = objFolder.SubFolders Set objFiles = objFolder.Files If objFiles.Count = 0 Then MsgBox "No files present is selected folder!", vbExclamation, "Scripting Object Model" End If For Each objFile In objFiles MsgBox "File Name: " & objFile.Path, vbInformation, "Scripting Object Model" Next For Each Folder In objFolders Set objFiles = Folder.Files If objFiles.Count = 0 Then MsgBox "No files present is selected folder!", vbExclamation, "Scripting Object Model" End If For Each objFile In objFiles MsgBox "File Name: " & objFile.Path, vbInformation, "Scripting Object Model" Next next Else MsgBox "No Folder Selected", vbExclamation, "Scripting Object Model" End If

End If

' Explicit Cleanup Set objFolders = Nothing Set objFolder = Nothing Set objFiles = Nothing Set objFSO = Nothing Set objBrowse = Nothing

End Sub

Reply to
Tim Markoski

And the ccrpbds6 stuff is found at: