Benchmark AMD64 FX53

Ship in a Bottle

1024x768 32bit Graphics Quality Low (SW setting fast) 20.14 sec for 50 iterations Graphics Quality High 26.95 sec for 50 iterations (SW setting slow) This was on a fresh install of XP. After downloading all the updates and hotfixes from MicroSoft times dropped by a second or two.

AMD64FX 2.6GHz PNY Verto5200 GeForce

2GB PC2700 3GB switch enabled. XP Pro SP1a

Yes, the 3GB switch works. I have a SW benchmark with 3 features that will run a system out of memory using SW. I got a solid 1.5GB of ram used. Didn't want to stay around for the next level which would have approached

3GB.
Reply to
kellnerp

Same system with NVidia FX3000

1024x768 32 bit Graphics quality low (SW setting fast) 18.6 sec for 50 iterations Graphics Quality High 25.6 sec for 50 iterations (SW setting slow)

And very little difference in 1280x1024.

So the FX3000 made up for the hotfixes and then some.

kellnerp wrote:

Reply to
kellnerp