Can Not Convert Entities in Assembly

I am using Solidworks 2003 on Xp Pro and I can not convert entities onto a sketch within an assembly. This is very strange. Not all the edges are selectable on the parts once I use the edit part command in an assembly. Is there a setting I missed. If somebody can help I would appreciate it. Thanks

-D

Are the edges you cannot convert sketch entities, silhouette solid edges, or permanent solid edges?

Reply to
Andrew Troup

Make certain your Filters are all clear so you can select edges. Sometimes in an Isometric view you cannot convert a silhouette edge. Select Normal to and you will be able to pick up the edge.

Regards, Marie

Reply to
mplanchard