customizing dimensions in design table

Hello everyone,

I am trying to do something that I am not sure that Solidworks is capable of doing, hopefully someone out there knows an answer to this.

I would like to create a design table with dimensional relations. I don't know if this is possible or not, but would like to explore and find out for sure.

I'll give you an example of what I am trying to accomplish. In a design table I would like to have dimensionA - dimensionB - 1/16" to be equal to a dimension on say a length for a chamfer. How could I go about writing that down so that as dimensionA and dimensionB change, it automatically updates the chamfer length?

Thanks for all of the help,

Xolo

Reply to
Xolo

Why not? A design table is just an excel spreadsheet. Of course turn off bidirectional changes if you want to do equation driven dimensions like this.

Reply to
P.