Derived Pattern of Parts

I have a part with 4 instances that show up in an assembly folder marked "Top Rails and Hardware". They should not show up there because when you scroll down, these same instances are actually part of "DerivedLPattern1".

How can 4 instances, which are clearly part of a derived pattern, show up in a folder that I created? They're the same instances. If I hide the parts in the folder, the same instances become hidden in the derived pattern, and vice-versa.

Has anybody ever seen something like this before?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney

That one's been around for a little while. IIRC, I first saw it early on in

04, maybe even late beta or pre-release. I just ignore the extra items in the folder. There's not much choice. I reported it, but I don't recall ever hearing any more on it.
Reply to
Dale Dunn

That's kind of what I had planned on doing, just ignore the extra parts that show up. They don't seem to be hurting anything by being in the folder. It's just a little annoying and frustrating when it happens and you don't know why.

Thanks, Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney

"Richard Charney" wrote in news:nCn1d.16237$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

I know what you mean. But I've grown used to this one, so it doesn't freak me out anymore.

Reply to
Dale Dunn