Draft, configs & design table

Does anyone know of a way to turn draft on & off config specific, and then in a design table? I can change the value, but can't set it to 0. Any thoughts?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

"> Does anyone know of a way to turn draft on & off config specific, and then

Would suppressing the draft feature in selected configs work?

jk

Reply to
jk

Enhancement request! Everything should be configurable.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

"Wayne Tiffany" wrote in news:vrsce.37$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sisna.com:

Wayne,

Draft in the extrude feature is tempting, but for this and other reasons, I usually create draft as a separate feature. Fortunately, draft isn't one of those things that will disturb other features down the tree, such as fillets.

Same reason why I don't put fillets in the sketch, but rather apply them as separate features.

Matt

Reply to
matt

Interesting thought. Is there a way to do the draft as nicely as in the extrude? If I convert the original sketch (rectangular in this instance) and then try to do an extruded cut by cutting the outside, I get an error. What am I missing?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sisna.com...

You are missing Insert -> Features -> Draft, eg. Draft feature. There is no sense in cutting the model to create draft, since there is a draft feature. You should look at SolidWorks help topics regarding drafts.

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo

One Option: Create 2 extrudes; one with draft and one without. Use the same sketch by linking sketches. (select sketch in built extrude, and select extrude again.) Use Configs. to Suppress and Unsupress feature.

This seems to come close, but depends on the rest of your model. This will work better if you use planes to define sketches and mates rather than faces and edges.

Blair

Reply to
blair.sutton