Editing/ Listing the content of the *.cus file

I know it has been discussed in the past, but just in case a solution has been found: I would like to List and/ or Edit the content of the *.cus file.

Anyone ?

TIA

SW 2004 SP 5

Reply to
Jean Marc

Generally this is done in SW. I haven't heard of anyone cracking this file.

Reply to
TOP

TOP, you mean edited in SW by changing toolbars, hotkeys, etc, correct? You cant physically change the code of the file inside or outside of SolidWorks.

SolidWorks should have made a better hotkey list a LONG time ago. What makes it worst is your .cus file doesnt always work with new releases. Ive had mixed results trying to use it.

Reply to
SW Monkey

Keep in mind that you don't need that file any more in SW2005 - it's all in the registry. But before there is any lamenting about losing the functionality of it, the newer version of the Copy Settings Wizard really offers more versatility than the file did.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Ths cus file is only an issue if you are using older versions of SW.

2005 replaced the cus with registry settings. If you know what you're doing, you can hack the registry, but it's probably not worth the risk of FUBARing something. It's probably easier/safer to just do it from the SW interface. You can use the copy settings wizard to copy the SW settings section of the registry out to a text file which you can examine and/or mess with.

matt

Reply to
matt

"TOP" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

I have 2 examples where it is not possible, due to reuse of the same cus from previous releases:

- I had "s" as a shortcut for symetry in 2001+. Going to 2004, it is not the same command anymore and does not work, I can't add it aiming the new command because SW says 's' is already used, and I can't remove it because the new command does not exists anumore.

- I have a number of duplicate entries in a menu corresponding to the same macro, that I can't remove in SW either. I hit 'remove' in the customization menu, and they stay.

Anyway, the whole thing should be revamped as it is not practical at all. And I know I should not reuse the same file from release to release, if only I had a way to list my hotkeys...

Reply to
Jean Marc

"TOP" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

I have 2 examples where it is not possible, due to reuse of the same cus from previous releases:

- I had "s" as a shortcut for symetry in 2001+. Going to 2004, it is not the same command anymore and does not work, I can't add it aiming the new command because SW says it is already used, and I can't remove it because the new command does not exists anumore.

- I have a number of duplicate entries corresponding to the same macro, that I can't remove in SW either. I hit 'remove' in the customization menu, and they stay.

Anyway, the whole thing should be revamped as it is not practical at all. And I know I should not reuse the same file from release to release, if only I had a way to list my hotkeys...

Reply to
Jean Marc

"matt" a écrit dans le message de news:

Thanks for all the answers. I guess I'll have to wait for the upgrade train...

JM

Reply to
Jean Marc

That has always been a major gripe of mine. Even with SW2005 (with the hotkeys in the registry), there is no way to simply get a LIST of all of your hotkeys, or for that matter, a list of all commands available to assign hotkeys to.

It is very time consuming to go through the SW interface to get a list of all of your hotkeys. It wouldn't be terrible except that to get ALL of you hotkeys, you have to go through the SW hotkey interface 3 complete times, once with each type of document open (part, assembly, drawing). You may or may not know this, but the SW interface does NOT list ALL of the available hotkeys with any one type of document open. It is a real PITA.

I think we should all do an ER on this... What da ya think!!!!

Reply to
Seth Renigar

"Seth Renigar" a écrit dans le message de news: s2YQe.111371$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...

I dropped subscription as of 01/2004 (9 seats - plan to be back in 01-2007) . Don't think I can submit ERs. But sure this point has to be taken care of...

Thanks for your support.

JM

Reply to
Jean Marc