Equation Puzzle

Log on to the SW discussion forum and go to Parts. Find the topic with the same name as this thread. Download the part and remove the first equation. Then rebuild a few times. How does this happen? Should this happen? Does it violate any SW rules?

If you want to get the part back to the starting point put the first equation back in momentarily.

Reply to
TOP

Can't believe nobody has given this a shot.

Reply to
TOP

I replied to your post at

morning. Take a look and tell me if it sounds right.

Ken

Reply to
Tin Man

I wouldn't exactly call it a circular reference, but it shows that you can define a part early in the feature tree by a dimension later on in the feature tree violating the Parent / Child (Chicken and Egg) rule that parents should define the children and not vice versa. The reason is that equations are evaluated prior to features being evaluated.

This error in the part was intentional as it is only a warning and is necessary to get the part to shrink back to a manageable size.

Would you agree that trouble shooting a model with this kind of arrangement in it would present some difficulty to the average user?

Reply to
TOP