Extending a weldment onto a regular feature body.

I know I can use the trim/extend function being two structural members in a weldment but I haven't firgured out how to extend a weldment onto a regular feature body.

Can this be done with Solidworks 2006?

For example, extrude a cylinder and then create a round bar weldment piece. The round bar get welded to the cylinder but I cannot extend the bar's surface onto the cylinder.

Reply to
Juanito