How do I..........???

I have an Excel file with x,y coordinates. I need to make a sketch with lines connecting each point. Any idea how to do this without entering each coordinate manually?

Reply to
Dave

Go to Help for "curves, through XYZ points" and try that. I have not tried it yet, but it looks like it would do what you want to do.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Curves through XYZ points gives me a spline through the points. Unfortunately, I need straight line segments. Good suggestion though.....

Reply to
Dave

Record a macro drawing single click lines. Then put the macro into excel, grab the xy valuesfrom the spread sheet and put them into the sketch. Don't forget to convert to metres.

Reply to
P.

Philippe Guglielmetti wrote a nice macro to do this called "Sketchfile" after I made a request on this group (sorry my boss renaged Philippe). Don't know if I can pass it on now as I understand all Philippes work may now belong to e-systems. Philippe...........?

Reply to
McBrian