Is it Possible to Transfer Structural Steel Toolbox to Weldments?

Hi,

Is it possible to transfer/add the structural components from the beam calculator (or toolbox) to the structural components under weldments... so you can use them with a 3D sketch... like the "short" list that is already in weldments?

Hopefully there is an easy way to do this.

Thanks,

Aron SW 2006, SP5.0

Reply to
Aron (bacsdesign.com)

I believe they incorporated toolbox shapes to weldments in 2007.

Reply to
Keith Streich

Reply to
Zander

toolbox parts, yes.

open toolbox part. activate desired configuration. delete the mate reference (no longer needed) delete all equations (no longer needed) delete all features & keep base sketch select base sketch, save as library feature (.SLDLFP)

Reply to
kenneth

Zander,

I guess I am dense here...

I do not see the "Weldments Folder" in the Design Library>"SolidWorks Content"(?)...

Can you be more specific if possible...?

Thank You for your help,

Aron SW 2006, SP5.0

Reply to
Aron (bacsdesign.com)

This is available beginning with 2007. It is not included in 2006.

Sorry, I didn't notice you were on 2006....

j wrote:

Reply to
Zander