Properties transfer from weldment library

Hi,

is it possible for the properties of a weldment profile to follow in the weldment part. Lets say I have a rod profile defined with all the standard description and code, I would like that these info gets imported with the profile when I include that rod in a part. For sure, if I include more than one profile in the part that have the same property fields, it would overwrite the value determined by the previous insertion. But the main use of these profile will be to create standalone parts, not actual weldments.

Am I clear? Doable?

I have to make a database of the raw material we use so designers won't have to type in the standard description and internal codes. The structural database provided by the toolbox is incomplete and it doesn't seem possible to add new profiles (it does not even include flat bars or rods). On the weldment side, it is easy to create new profiles. I just have to resolve the property issue and I will have a solution...

Any help.

Dominic.

Reply to
dominic_brunelle