Export current model view to DWG

Hi

I seem to remember reading somewhere about an addon that would allow you to save the current model view to a 2D DWG or DXF etc. I hate having to create a drawing just to get a 2D view out. Can anyone tell me the name of the addon or if indeed it is possible at all, or am I dreaming?

thanks

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Do a 'Save As...' Change 'Save as Type' to .DWG

Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney

Get the utility offered by Kent Contract. It does a reasonably good job and you'll be up and running in no time.

Just a user.

-Martin

Reply to
Martin

Richard

I don't have DWG as an option in an assemblt or part, only in the drawing editor.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Martin

That was the one I was after, thanks

Rich

Reply to
Rich

There is also DXF3DExport

It's just a small DLL (freeware) that you put in the \Apps subdirectory of SolidWorks. You end up with another pull down menu, and your exported results are in

3D. You'd have to use "Paperspace" to create your 2D view(s).

'Sporky'

Rich wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman