Export current model view to DWG

Hi
I seem to remember reading somewhere about an addon that would allow you to
save the current model view to a 2D DWG or DXF etc. I hate having to create
a drawing just to get a 2D view out. Can anyone tell me the name of the
addon or if indeed it is possible at all, or am I dreaming?
thanks
Rich
Reply to
Rich
Do a 'Save As...' Change 'Save as Type' to .DWG
Richard
Reply to
Richard Charney
Get the utility offered by Kent Contract. It does a reasonably good job and you'll be up and running in no time.
Just a user.
-Martin
Reply to
Martin
Richard
I don't have DWG as an option in an assemblt or part, only in the drawing editor.
Rich
Reply to
Rich
Martin
That was the one I was after, thanks
Rich
Reply to
Rich
There is also DXF3DExport
. It's just a small DLL (freeware) that you put in the \Apps subdirectory of SolidWorks. You end up with another pull down menu, and your exported results are in 3D. You'd have to use "Paperspace" to create your 2D view(s).
'Sporky'
Rich wrote:
Reply to
Sporkman