is swx going to work with xpsp2?

Apparently the CD that is shipping with the computer is SP1, but they have to ship it with XP2. Maybe Microsoft is forcing them to? Its not that hard to re-install, if it goes with out a hitch .............. HAH!

Reply to
Mike Z.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Mike Z.) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I have heard of people rebuilding brand new systems, just to clear off the manufacturer-installed cruft. If you have the know-how, go for it. For one, the primary application for which you need the system does not yet support that version of windows. Second, you can configure things the way you want (partitioning schemes in particular).

Reply to
Dale Dunn

It looks like SW2004 SP5.0 release is over a month away so I get to spend a weekend screwing with Windows. I wonder how hard it could be to make the installer work with SP2?

Reply to
Mike Z.

I have installed SW 2005 on my WIN XP SP2 machine and had no issues installing or using. I am not using it in a production environment yet so if there are any little quirks I wouldnt know about it. I have only been using it to get up to speed with the new features.

Todd

Reply to
Todd

Running sp2 w/SW 2004 sp4.1 seems fine for now.. 2005 still sitting waiting on the I.T. ok..

Reply to
jb