Nvidia Quadro4 700 XGL Quadro AGP 64MB DDR

Is this a good graphics card? Price of $90.00 Windows 2K, 512 RAM, 1.33MhZ machine Thanks in advance Keegan

Reply to
BDT

Bump to top

I really need advice on this any recommendations?

Reply to
BDT

For $90 yes. It's a real Quadro without the AGP speed or raw speed of the newer boards. S/B faster than Quadro 2 Pro, slower than FX500 I reckon.

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

We have 900 XGL's running here with good results. Not knowing anything about the 700, my guess is that it should run well as it's part of the family. On the other hand, would you be ahead to put that $90 toward an FX500? Newer card, but may not fit the motherboard - you would have to check the slot before buying.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

We use this card in Dell Precision 2800Mhz - and find it great ! No problems and not wanting in speed Smooth rotation at 1600 x 1200 whatelse do you need! We do very complex models (mouldings etc.) and complex mated kinematic assemblies of such to about 100 parts - we need as much speed as we can get ! Graphics is not the issue but more processor speed would speed rebuilds.

Obviously having a given card you tend to look at comparisons and from what I've seen it still pips the FX500 for speed.

mark

Reply to
Mark Sanders