OT: Thunderbird junk filter?

I use Mozilla's Thunderbird 1.5 for reading newsgroups, I'd like to set up the Junk Filter to get rid of all posts by Jonh Banquer and Cliff, for starters.

I can't get the program to turn on the Junk options (everything related to Junk is grayed out), maybe it's because the posts are newsgroups rather than regular email, I dunno.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
wc

Use the Message Filters in the Tools menu. You can set up multiple filters or a single filter with several conditions.

Although these days, if you filter out all the junk, there isn't much left.

Reply to
matt

bob z. resembles that remark.

bob z.