PDMWorks and workflow

We recently chose PDMWorks as our data management solution. We needed to organize our SW drawings in such a say that we could collaborate better and stop wasting time looking for and sharing stuff. We considered a number of doc management systems out there but the cost was prohibitive and implementation was more than we wanted to suffer through.

We are happy with PDMWorks so far but are disappointed that we lost the option of a workflow tool that so many of the expensive and bulky doc mgt solutions offer. Has anyone seen or heard of any workflow program that will work with PDMWorks? We don't want to replace PDMWorks and certainly don't want a ERP-sized solution.

Thanks

Reply to
JennM

What PDM system did you switch from?

Reply to
SW Monkey

Apparently you only have one option.

Saw news releases but no actual product. Never used it don't know anything about the company. For information only.

Len

JennM wrote:

Reply to
lmar

We weren't using any PDM in the past. This is our first.

Reply to
JennM

I recently saw a demo of that workflow. It was pretty simple and cheap. Kinnosa was the name. I am sure you can Google it and it will come up. We have another doc management system in place, Cyco, and we are considering replacing it with PDMWorks and the workflow tool is part of our evaluation. Nothing happened just yet (too close to the end of the year).

Good luck

Reply to
solidcadguy