PhotoWorks 2 Transparent

I am not in PW2, but Component Properties does not have an effect on PW rendering. So making the parts transparent with the PW materials individualy is the only way.

I sometimes do not assign PW materials in the part itself, but do it in the assemblies by selecting the parts and assigning materials, that way I can have the same part with different materials in different assemblies. Not sure if it is still this way in current versions.

Reply to
Devin

Why won't it let me assign transparency of the sub assembly. To get PhotoWorks to render Transparent I had to make the individual parts transparent. Another thing along the same lines once I did get it to be transparent it still casts a shadow. Also since I made all the parts of the sub-assembly transparent it aslo renders them transparent in instance 2 WTF! SW 2004 SP 3.0

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

As I understand if you use the option "Use SolidWorks Materials" it will controll the transparency. As I mentioned I was able to control the transparency this way but it isn't quite working as desired. The reason I would like to control them this way is to make a rendered video using SW Animator. I got the technique from the Animator Guide by Brian Hill (I found it on Mike J. Wilson's web site, Thanks Mike). Just having abit of trouble managing the rendered side of it.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

You're right, sorry. I forgot about the "Use SW materials"

Reply to
Devin

. Another thing along the same lines once I did get it to be

You have to select to use 'transparent shadows'. Its a button under the 'scene' tab where you set all of the shadow settings.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton