Problems starting SWX 2006 SP3 with Norton Internet Security firewall on

LS,

I'm having problems starting SWX when my Norton firewall is turned on. SWX starts, but never finished to start up. Only turning off my computer can stop the sldworks.exe process. Does anyone have the same experience??

Turning off the Norton firewall works fine, but is not an ideal solution. This happened after upgrading from SP0 to SP3.

Kind regards,

JJ

JJ

Is it a network license? If the first four digits of your license are 0010 then it is.

Reply to
CS

If it is a network license, then open the defined port in the network license manager (default is 25734). Since this information is bidirectional, you also need to open port 25744.

Reply to
SWX-VAR-JP

I have tested with windows firewall and found allowing 25734 to be adequate. I believe the firewall allows the server to talk back on the other port because you sent a request. I also suggest allowing these programs to be added to the trusted programs list C:\Program Files\SolidWorks SolidNetWork License Manager\utils\swlmwiz.exe And C:\Program Files\SolidWorks SolidNetWork License Manager\sw_d.exe

Reply to
CS