Re: Crazy Solidworks (2008) happening

I was working on my new HP mobile workstation (vista) last night and

> suddenly - Solidworks (2008 SP2.1) turns on and starts "dissecting" > parts. I was not using solidworks and the parts were not mine as I > don't have any of my own on the system yet. > > It was the craziest thing and made my computer seem like it was > possessed. There is a button shown to "Stop Dissection" and after > clicking it, Solidworks freaks out a little more then crashes. > > And now here is interesting part - I have a coworker with exactly the > same computer (bought at on the same PO) and he was also working at > home last night and experienced the same issue at approximately the > same time. > > Anyone have any idea what this is? My coworker said this is the third > time for him, first for me. > > Any thoughts would be appreciated. > > Jon

I don't have 2008 installed at the moment so I can not give you the exact location to look at in the Options, but try this...Open your options...system options and scroll through the list. I believe it is toward the bottom half of the system option. You will see a section on Dissection. Maybe you have this option checked????

Later

Big R

Reply to
bigrmichels

It looks like you both have a scheduled dissection set...

Tools/Options/System Options/Search/Dissection...

..

Reply to
zxys

What does Dissection do for us?

zxys wrote:

Reply to
wc

Dissection is a process which searches the contents of SolidWorks files to 'extract' data in order to make Features, Sketches, Blocks, Tables and Views available for Drag and Drop reuse during the development of new parts and drawings.

Reply to
POH

doh know,.. maybe it's does something like this...?

What does Dissection do for us?

Reply to
zxys

oh well, totally OT but this one is more fun...