Re: Quiet...

Black Dragon wrote in news:d8vlom$2tkc$ snipped-for-privacy@bdhi.net:

Joe AutoDrill wrote: > >> Suddenly, there are no posts... At least none that I can see! > >> TEST........ 1....2.....3..... > > Over zealous kill filling? > > For me, 291 out the last 500 posts to this newsgroup have been kill > filed, and only about 10% of what's left is actually worth reading... >

As Michael Gailey has posted, this newsgroup has been dying for the last few years. Since one can't really discuss much here other alternatives continue to develop. Many of the regulars seem to spend much more time on this groups chat server than here. I believe almost all of this has to do with the top poster to this newsgroup who is closing in on 33,000 steamy dumps.

There is a reason Bill Roberto correctly labeled him: "The Virus".

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

Yeah, Those guys are ass hats of the first order. OC Choppers is another bunch. They couldn't get it together building bikes so they became the WWF of the motorcycle world. Great entertainment but that is all it is. I wouldn't ride one of their masterpieces around the block. Real professional builders like Arlen Ness put these guys in the dirt and their customers make far fewer trips to the ER.

Reply to
J. R. Carroll

Used to hang out with Arlen Ness before he became semi-famous, for whatever that's worth.

Reply to
Garlicdude

The guy is both a genius and a professional. I had one of his bikes during my yuppie phase. You must be an old codger Steve, Ness has been pretty well known since the

70's. You aren't far from their current operation and if you haven't seen what they are up to recently you would enjoy a visit and tour.
Reply to
J. R. Carroll

awhile back. He's still in San Leandro IIRC. Also heard that his son is running most of the business nowdays

I think when I was hanging with him that he had just won his first trophy at the Oakland Roadster Show.

Reply to
Garlicdude

awhile back. He's still in San Leandro IIRC. Also heard that his son is running most of the business nowdays

And his daughter ( in law?) Jeannie. PBS did a 60 minute documentary on them

3 years ago. Pretty cool. They have a real engineering department with proper testing, planning and everything.This is about what you would expect to see from serious professionals. OC Choppers OTOH started in a cess pit and as they grew they just moved to a bigger version of the same thing. I don't think the fat guy even bathes regularly.
Reply to
J. R. Carroll

Which fat guy? They're all fat.

Reply to
Bill Roberto

Bill, Compared to you everybody is either fat or out of shape but I was thinking about the old guy with the soup strainer. The only thing I have seen him do is hammer on either metal parts or the people around him.

Reply to
J. R. Carroll

Yeah but I still can't stop watching it when it's on. Today they were building a bike for Schick. He said I hope they don't ride this bike, I hope they just display it. It didn't look like it would hold together for 3000 miles at 60 mph.

Reply to
Bill Roberto

Bill, I suppose as entertainment it's good for a laugh. I have been doing this all day:

N7 G0 X5.1585 Y-5.984 Z13.4564 A19.946 B1.504 N8 X5.1454 Y-5.8135 Z12.9866 A19.946 B1.504 N9 G1 G93 X5.1191 Y-5.4725 Z12.0469 A19.946 B1.504F40.000 N10 X5.5845 Y-5.4341 Z12.0469 A19.929 B1.725F85.663 N11 X5.9401 Y-5.4009 Z12.047 A19.911 B1.924F112.013 N12 X6.3132 Y-5.3618 Z12.047 A19.887 B2.167F106.622 N13 X6.6292 Y-5.3249 Z12.047 A19.863 B2.383F125.709 N14 X6.9876 Y-5.2788 Z12.047 A19.837 B2.603F110.714 N15 X7.3929 Y-5.2224 Z12.047 A19.812 B2.795F97.744 N16 X7.8486 Y-5.1547 Z12.047 A19.786 B2.975F86.824 N17 X8.2157 Y-5.0962 Z12.047 A19.751 B3.214F107.591 N18 X8.2757 Y-5.0833 Z12.0482 A19.7 B3.46F652.064 N19 X8.3357 Y-5.0704 Z12.0491 A19.649 B3.707F651.624 N20 X8.3957 Y-5.0573 Z12.0498 A19.598 B3.954F651.181 N21 X8.4558 Y-5.0442 Z12.0503 A19.547 B4.201F650.736 N22 X8.5158 Y-5.0309 Z12.0505 A19.495 B4.448F650.289 N23 X8.5759 Y-5.0176 Z12.0505 A19.444 B4.695F649.840

I am kind of enjoying myself though. Multi axis mold cavities are pretty cool if you have the software to program with. The new Vero stuff is pretty good and I have been away from programming and mold design long enough now to have gotten over the burnout. I am actually having fun again. What a concept!

Reply to
J. R. Carroll

jon banquer wrote in news:d983qa$2977$1 @pita.alt.net:

Well, geesh Jon, I'm friendly most times too. :)

Not speakin for Steve, but why do you gotta do the name droppin thingy all the time. I'm talkin to YOU here not Steve.

Some find it entertaining, hell I dunno.

Quit with the name dropping. You are you. Dont bring up others as there is really no need to do that. Why cant you just speak for yerself withought bringin up others?

I dont speak for him. Are you his laywer now or somethin?

Cliff is his own best fan. So are many on here. If you or anybody else havent figured that out yet by now then IMO it is not Cliff's problem but yers.

Then they can choose to ignore him.

I'm not denying anything. But if you feed the trolls......

Well, good for you. I hope you have continued success!

And how do you know he has a mental illness?

Life imitates trolling and alot of y'all are fishin in the same hole and catchin each other's lines IMO. Then when ya pull them up theys all tangled and shit and it takes ya 2 hours (or 4000 posts) to figure out ya need to cut the lines and re-spool, or goto a clean fishin hole, or loose the idiots on the next trip.

Bing

Reply to
Bing

I enjoy the newsgroup so much more since I figured out my filter. So much so that I am stunned when the newserver is balky and I check it out on google.

Reply to
yourname

Jon, Thanks for the kind words, but the friendly atmosphere was there before I came along. Sam and Bing as well as others were there long before I was. I found a warm welcome from everyone there when I first logged on.

I agree wholeheartedly Bing, your a friendly guy! I hope someday that we can get together.

I never did get into a heated argument here, what's the point. I guess it boils down to I don't feel a need to be "right" in the news group. I aruged a bit when I first came here, but I have neither the time or the inclination to argue here. I've got more important things to do.

I agree 100 % with what you've said above.

It's sad that Cliff has driven away some good people, but in my opinion the best offense for folks like Cliff is a good defense, kill file them.

Reply to
Garlicdude

jon banquer wrote in news:d984ra$2a21$1 @pita.alt.net:

When I saw "John Valby" I thought the exact same thing, Toad's Place that is. I'm pretty sure I saw him at Lake Compounce once, but I could be wrong.

What about the Ramones, T-Heads and NRBQ? I remember going to see Twisted Sister at the Night Owl in Wolcott. It's no wonder I'm half deaf.

Did you ever hang out at the Agora Ballroom?

Reply to
D Murphy

Bing wrote in news:Xns967CAD462CE9DbingersFU2knologynet@199.45.49.11:

Reminds me of something I heard last weekend:

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Reply to
D Murphy

D Murphy wrote in news:Xns967CDF90E9C89BW12BU20MU38SY@130.133.1.4:

Saw NRBQ many times...

Howard Johnson's Got His Ho-Jo Working

Riding in My Car

Me and the Boys

RC Cola and a Moon Pie ....

Never saw the Talking Heads. Liked their live album. Very tight band musically.

After hearing The Ramones I always feel like I'm ready to be sedated.

:>)

It was located on Whalley Ave in New Haven. When I left Connecticut the old Agora Ballroom had become the home of a nature food store called Edge Of The Woods. My best friend nicknamed the place Edge Of The Swamp. I did not hang out at the Agora.

I did hang out at Toads and frequented Sally's Apizza so many times I had their secret number and didn't have to wait in line.... you had to call by 4:00 PM and they gave you a time to show up.

I saw Elvis Costello at a place called The Oxford Ale House which was on Whitney Ave. Awesome show.

Twisted Sister was pretty much a staple at the Agora Ballroom.

At Lake Compounce I saw Steve Miller..... yawn.

For a short time I think there was an Agora Ballroom in West Hartford. and if I remember right I saw The Cars lead guitarist Elliot Easton on his very short lived solo tour promoting his solo Change No Change. Elliot as always was excellent... very tastful.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

Bing wrote in news:Xns967CAD462CE9DbingersFU2knologynet@199.45.49.11:

I have no intention of changing the way I communicate by using FACTUAL examples to prove my points.

It is duly noted that this FACTUAL style frequently invalidates many of your points and causes you grief.

Hope you enjoyed your birthday. Were you at least able to blow out half of the sixty candles ? :>)

Perhaps a little music for next years sixty first birthday will put you in a better frame of mind.....

"It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to... cry if I want to... "

:>)

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

Garlicdude wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@garlic.com:

You use to provide it *here* was more my point.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

jon banquer wrote in news:d9fu52$1pd8$ snipped-for-privacy@pita.alt.net:

It's hard to find pizza that good in the midwest. I think Chicago pizza sucks. New Haven has loads of places. Sally's and Pepe's are probably the best. If the're still around. I haven't been to New Have in at least 15 years.

When I was young, we were out watching live music at least two nights a week. Ct. always had a lot going on in those days.

Reply to
D Murphy

jon banquer wrote in news:d9fuqb$1q7c$1 @pita.alt.net:

No, it really doesnt JB. I think you think it does, but in all seriousness it doesnt bother me.

Now, thats not FACTUAL is it?

Na, I'm more into alternative rock than them old songs. Always have bin.

Currently listening to Interpol.

Bing

Reply to
Bing