Repeatable sketches.

Hi, I've been told that this is one of the best Solidworks resources about so I hope that perhaps someone here could help me.

For a lot of the work I'm doing with Solidworks there are a range of common sketch details (eg common detail A, B and C) I use when detailing parts. Currently I either draw each one or if doing a batch of similar details copy and paste within the sketches I'm working on but I can only have one of the details in the clipboard at a time. Is there away to effectively create a multiple capacity clipboard or sketch library so I can go through and paste detail-A, B or C when needed rather than having to do each individually?

Thanks for your time.

-Andrew

Reply to
ajcuttle

Try Blocks, also Feature Library might be handy.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Thanks I'll give that a go and see whether block will do what I want. I think I (unsuccessfully) tried the feature library the last time this annoyed me enough to do something about it.

-Andrew

Reply to
ajcuttle

Hello Andrew,

You may want to create a part file which contains nothing but sketches.

Such a part file could become your 'library' reference from which you could cut and paste either portions of a sketch or in its entirety.

To copy portions, the sketch just needs to be opened for editing and the desired entities selected. An entire sketch can be copied by selection from the Feature Manager listing.

Your 'library' sketch part file(s) can be named to have some implied associati> Hi,

Reply to
POH