rotating a feature

anyone help with rotating a angled screw hole to a compound angel... I have it angled thru my plate and now want to rotate it so that the tip of the screw is in a new position.

would love to just be able to pick that feature looking at it from the top view and rotate it around a vertical axis to a new position...

and advise

Reply to
swjf

That would be too easy ;o)

You'll have to create a plane to place the hole feature on in order to get the compound angles.

Or maybe a little easier way would be to 'fake' the hole feature and revolve cut the hole, still on a plane.

swjf wrote:

Reply to
wc

I don't have it loaded yet, but it would be interesting to try this with the new functionality in SW2005. There is something called `move face' which I saw in our VAR's rollout which may very well accomplish what you are wanting to do.

jk

Reply to
jk