SaladWorks 2006: It's All About AutoCAD / Autodesk.

I'm wondering if this is like a "Gateway" program - will it lead to "hard" CAD usage? Will I eventually want to revert to ACAD for everything?

Will it ruin my life in the end?

It is free (for now), but wait until I really need this thing BADLY then they force me to pay . . .

:)

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

"haulin79" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

To better reflect the truth of what SolidWorks has become how about:

SolidAutoWorks

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

Jo wrote in news:4290915d$1 snipped-for-privacy@spool9-west.superfeed.net:

Reply to
jon banquer

Black Dragon wrote in news:d6q5nk$ufg$ snipped-for-privacy@bdhi.net:

I agree that FADAL is a better machine mechanically, but not control wise, when compared to Haas. I also think that SVL has made a very valid point about better parts availability from other sources for FADAL's than the limited choice one has with Haas. (Limited as in very limited.)

Haas may end up making more money on replacement parts then they ever will selling machines

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

"Joe788" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

I'm criticizing SaladWorks for a marketing and development strategy that is totally focused on trying to be more AutoCAD like.

I don't believe a CAD/CAM company can build a seamless, unified, hybrid modeler in a timely manner utilizing this approach.

I think VX should continue to do *exactly what they are now doing* with the approach they have taken to improve VX's UI.

While this is happening I think VX should try and become the best documented CAD/CAM program on the market by utilizing someone who is already in their organization who I believe can (possibly with some help) create very advanced tutorials on how to extract the awesome hybrid power that VX has.

If VX does the above the sales will happen.

Copying Autodesk is not the right move for VX and I think VX knows this.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer