Simulating a knurl on Drawing

Hello Group, I am creating a drawing of a cylindrical part that has a knurled surface. Does anyone know of a way to simulate a knurl in a drawing view? Creating the knurled surface on the part creates a very large file with extremely slow rebuild times. Thank you, Steve Hirsh DesignTech Solutions

Reply to
steve

Sure - easiest way is to select the area to be knurled, then adding a fill / hatch and choose the diamond shape grid pattern / knurl pattern.

Reply to
IYM

I would go with using Hatch as best and easiest method for showing knurl in drawing. For parts, you can use knurl appearance.

And if you want to show the actual, then you'll have to model the knurl. But this might make the part and drawing file heavier/slower to respond depending on the file size and knurl details.

Here are two example from 3DCC

Deepak Gupta SW2010 SP 4.0 SW2009 SP4.1 SW2007 SP5.0

"Please consider the environment before printing this email"

Reply to
Deepak Gupta