solid body in a part?

I've totally confused myself......

I'm drawing a table with four legs. I want the table to be a part (not an asssembly) to be inserted into an assembly. I want to draw one leg that consist of three pieces. I want to make the three pieces become one feature/part and then insert the other three legs into the part. Is that possible?

I don't want to make the leg a single part and then assemble the table as an assembly.

Reply to
dlevy

In the asm, edit part, Insert/Features/Join.

..

Reply to
zxys

Or, in the part, use Insert/Part and align the parts (if they are not created per a the common coordinate system/origin)

..

Reply to
zxys

to add to this,

in a part, create single leg then pattern (select bodies instead of a feature). not exactly how i would do it though.

ideally, why not do the entire table as a weldment?

Reply to
kenneth

Use weldments then join bodies to make whole leg then pattern or Move/Copy

Reply to
Nev Williams