Solidworks error?

When i click to close the window of a part or assembly Solidworks now completely crashes and shuts down instead of just closing the window (Solidworks 2006). Has anyone else had this issue?

I haven't modified anything that I know of that could cause this... Wouldn't mind be being able to fix this problem within the next few hours.

Reply to
will

By the way this doesn't happen with small assemblies and parts, only medium and large assemblies... but has always worked fine in the past.

Thanks.

Reply to
will

What happens if you go to File > Close instead of using the "X" to close a file?

Steve O

Reply to
SteveO

Same thing happens.

Reply to
will

I would create an Rx with the Video Capture (Start > Programs >

SolidWorks > SolidWorks Tools > SolidWorks Rx) and email that to your VAR. They should be able to diagnose the problem from there.

I have also seen where the registry gets corrupt and you can go in there and rename the SolidWorks key, then restart SolidWorks and it will fix certain problems. if you've never been in the registry, then don't do this as you can really screww your entire computer up.

Steve O

Reply to
SteveO