Solidworks Student Edition 2005-2006 won't start!

Hello,

When I try running SW Student Edition 2005-06, I get an error message:

"Failed to initialize Object Linking and Embedding (OLE)."

Then SW terminates. A Windows XP message appears:

Error signature AppName: sldworks.exe AppVEr: 13.3.1.110 ModName: sldappu.dll ModVer: 13.3.1.110 Offset: 000ac1c0

I've tried using this command in Run...:

regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\oleaut32.dll

But still the same problem. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling SW. Any advice on how to resolve this problem?

David

Reply to
David Z

I'm thinking about reformatting my computer to be the only solution.

Reply to
David Z

It's often necessary to sweep SW out of the registry after an uninstall to clear some problems. You might try that before starting over. I don't know off the top of my head which keys to delete. Maybe someone who does can jump in here. I usually use the tools in regedit to find them and delete them one at a time. This takes a while, since there are a lot of them cattered around in there.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Are you using windows 2000 operating system?

Len

Reply to
lmar

My first post indicates that I'm using Win XP.

Anyways, I just formatted my computer; now it works. Thanks everyone for their replies!

Reply to
David Z