Starting SW without Add-Ins - My Bad

Hello,

I just went to select an Add-In during a SW2007 session when I accidently selected a Vista version instead of my machines' XP version. (They were beside each other and I "clicked" a little bit too soon). SW then crashed to desktop. Now, every time I start SW2007 it crashes.

Any suggestions on how I start the application in "Safe Mode" so that I can disable the obviously wrong Add-In.

Len

Reply to
lmar

I'm sure there's a command line switch, but I don't know it. How about finding the .dll for the add-in and rename it temporarily. IIRC, that will force it to unselect. You might be able to find something in the registry too.

That's all the ideas I have. Good luck.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

in the registry. it's at \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks \AddInsStartup it's a bit tricky to find which key corresponds to a given addin, but setting every REG_DWORD to 0 will do what you want

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

Thanks for the suggestion.

I ended up renaming the application folders prior to starting SW. Application couldn't find folders it needed and SW was able to start. Renamed folders and then selected proper add-in.

Cheers,

Len

Reply to
lmar