SW -> .SAT export problem

Please, EE engineer need a help! I have to transfer some mechanical designs into EE simulator, which understands .SAT format. However when I transfer SW .SLDPRT file into .SAT file, one very strange thing happens. Say, I've plotted a cube of

1x1x1. After conversion I see something like 0.999999999984 0.999999999912 1.00000000200. This makes my EE simulator (and me as well) crazy. Any idea how to preserve the dimensions? Thank you. Nick.
Reply to
Nick

When you expported the file, did you use the same unit of measure as the original file? I notice if I create a model in inches as a 1" cube and export to sat, it defaults to metric units in the new file. In the save as dialog check the options and make sure it isn't converting the dimensions.

Dave H

Nick wrote:

Reply to
Dave H

if you export out of solidworks and back in as a sat file its fine. so i would guess somthing wrong is happening during the import.

Reply to
Sean Phillips

Well, gentlemen, Unfortunately, neither works. I always work in mm. Also if I open .SAT file by any text editor ( like Notepad), I see these uneven numbers already there. By the way, I recently check that .step converter does the same. Bizarre.. Nick

Reply to
Nick