SWX 2007 - Export Pie Slide to STEP format

I have a cylindrical solid geometry (fairly complex) that was imported into SWX 2007 from another format (possibly ParaSolid). I would like to take a small pie slice (approx 5 degrees) out of this solid and export it to step format. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this? I am fairly new to SWX.

Thanks- Kyle

Reply to
kck316

Kyle,

Just make a sketch with your 5 degree wedge and cut the part with it cutting the 355 degree part and leaving your 5 degree section. (Check "Flip side to cut" if it is cutting the wrong part.) Save it as STEP. Then suppress or delete the cut to bring back the rest of your part.

Jerry Steiger

Take 30 minutes and go through the tutorial in help. The time taken will be well worth it. As far as doing what you want, it is almost trivial (which is why the tutorial should be all you need.)

TOP

Reply to
TOP

DO YOU KNOW WHO THE MODERATOR IS? I JUST JOINED AND AM UNABLE TO POST ANYTHING TO T HIS GROUP. I DONT KNOW WHY.

Reply to
billyb

There is no moderator. Posting from Google is notoriously slow. messages may take a day or more to appear, last I heard.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I am the moderator. Your posts have been blocked because this is a strictly off-topic group. Any posts with technical content or questions will be blocked.

Have a nice day.

Daisy

Reply to
FlowerPot

I like pie. YUM! Could someone export me some pie???

Reply to
ms

Jerry-

Thanks. For some reason, when I tried that it didn't work, but after going back through those steps again it worked this time.

I guess persistance does pay off.

Reply to
kck316