Textures and PWorks

Is it possible to use the textures in a model in a Photo Works Rendering. I applied textures to a part to make it look like a twisted nylon rope. I want to use this in my rendering. If not is there anyone who has created a material for rope it could be just about any type.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Don't thing it's possible to use it directly from the surface or a part ....but... as the textures are jpg-files, You should be able to make a copy and bring it in to photoworks as a custom material. Haven't tried it myself yet though

Krister L

"Corey Scheich" skrev i meddelandet news:c7bcf4$1m3c6$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-200385.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Krister L

No it's not possible to have to texture propogation over to PW. You could use the image (bmp,jpg,tif) you used to create the texture and define a custom PW material using the same texture image.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

Thanks Krister and Rob

Does anyone know if there is a way to rotate the profile on a cylinder or do you have to orient your material bitmap to be the direction you want. There is an angle setting but it seems to only affect the start angle of the bitmap around the cylinder not the angle of the bitmap compared to the edges of the cylinder.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

This was just a quick thought.....maybe You could use it as a decal.....a lot more choises when it comes to rotate and control the angel

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L