What Parasolid version is Solid Works 2005 based on???

I need to know what the latest version of Parasolid that Solid Works 2005 supports. I have an application that is using version 16, and can save that version out, but it needs to be able to be read by someone that uses Solid Works 2005. The person who has Solid Works is clueless about what the latest version is that he can import, so I'm asking here.

Thanks, Ken

Reply to
ken

Ken,

SW2005 uses Parasolid 15.

Strange, SW is usually one of the first with the latest kernal.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

With the exception of UGS's own products :)

Reply to
ken

Ken,

No, not really. Strange as it may seem, current versions of SW have run a newer kernal than UG at several times in the past few years.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

A lot depends on the release cycle of Parasolid and the products that use it for the kernel and the features that the latest version brings to the table. UG doesn't always have the latest version of Parasolid.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Not everyone always moves to the latest version at once, if ever. Some major firms do their own internal certification as well and then decide. This can take about a year of internal testing and can end with a "no great advantage for the risk .. check the next release" decision.

Reply to
Cliff

And UG is not UGS's only CAD product! Solid Edge and Ideas are also UGS products. And FYI, UG and Ideas are legacy systems now (you can still get Ideas NX). The new system that came from both of them is now called "NX" (essentially what used to be UG with some good Ideas (pun intended)).

Reply to
ken