A modeling idea

Posted on Misc.transport.roads Thought this might be an intresting scene to model. The railroad could disapear into the backdrop or into
staging after going under the bridge.
On westcoastroads.com I found a pic of CA 99 showing that the south bound lanes cross over the tracks, while the northbound lanes pass under the tracks through a viaduct.
http://www.westcoastroads.com/california/images090/ca-099_nb_exit_16702.jpg
It appears the northbound lanes under the viaduct were the original US 99 while the lanes passing over the tracks were added later. I guess Caltrans wanted to save some money by keeping the original US 99 ROW when they upgraded this section. IIRC, there's a similar railroad overpass/underpass arrrangement somewhere on 4 lane US 36 in northwestern Missouri. I'm not sure such an arrangment would stand up to scrutany if it's going to be upgraded to I-quality standards? It depends if the viaduct has height/clearance issues.